Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 25: Voyeur (NSFW)

There's an office building I drive by often. It sits off to my left as I cross the bridge over the river to go downtown. I might pass it 9 or 10 times a week. The colored lights around the top change colors: green, orange, hot pink, purple. From the bike path below the lights reflect on the river. It's one of those cool downtown effects.

During the day, I don't even notice it. It's just another building.

But at night, I slow down and search every window. In fact, I slow down and try to catch the red light so I can be sure I don't miss anything.

Anybody who knows how I drive would not expect me to hit a red light on purpose. Run one, maybe. Deliberately stop at one .... no. I don't like to stop.

(Sorry for the quality. I had to take this photo with my phone while I waited at a stoplight. On purpose.)


Except when I'm searching the 8 or 9 stories of a tall bank of windows looking for people fucking in front of those same windows. I am convinced that some day I will see two people fucking up against those windows.

Every time I drive up over the bridge at night I have the same conversation with myself: Please let there be somebody fucking in the XXX building. Please let it be tonight. I know it's going to happen some night. Please let it be tonight. 

And every night I am disappointed. Crushed.

Am I the only one who looks for things like that? Do you ever see a tall glass building and look for somebody doing something highly inappropriate and yet entertaining in one of the offices? Kind of like this from the movie Shame?




How cool would it be -- just once .... or maybe twice -- to see that happening in one of the windows of that building?

I promise you this: If I ever see somebody fucking in front of one of those windows, I will leap out of my van and take the most amazing photo you've ever seen. In 3-D. I might even figure out how to take a video on my phone. And I will post it here.

Wish me luck. You know you want to see it too. You know you do.

Or maybe you already have! Anybody?

2 comments:

  1. Trust me. You'll never see anything like that in that building. And trust me further... You'd never want to!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you're saying it looks better in the movies? I just want to see one crazy thing happening in the windows of that building. Otherwise I'm going to have to make something up and write a novel or something.

      Delete