Friday, November 21, 2014

A pause for station identification ....

One of the most difficult aspects of NaBloPoMo is having to write an entire post, edited and reader-ready, every day. Some days I stumble before I make it to the finish line, and today is one of those days. Or should I say tonight, because it's 2:30 in the morning as I write this.

I promise I have been writing, and not just in my head. But I can't finish tonight. I've been cooking up fresh pumpkin to put in the freezer and make into pies for Thanksgiving. I baked some pumpkin muffins to take over to the guys at the nearby muffler shop to thank them for letting my guests park on their property when I finally had my housewarming party last month. I also need for them to put my van up on their lift and find a tiny hole in the exhaust that makes me sound like a truck rally as I drive through these city streets. I went to a play tonight at the magnet school for the arts where I teach, and while I was there I bought a winged gargoyle for the front of my house that is too heavy for me to unload from my van. And then I ran to Kroger to get supplies to make dressing and  pie for an early Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow night.

As the muffins baked and the pumpkin simmered on the stove, I wrote. But I couldn't finish. Both the writing and the dirty dishes will have to wait until tomorrow. I've run out of steam; I blame that on Friday. It's as good an excuse as any other. I either have to decide to write until after 4:00 am, or I can finish that post tomorrow.

Most nights I tough it out. Tonight I need sleep. I hope you'll forgive me.

This is WRET .... signing off.



No comments:

Post a Comment