Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Just one box of Junior Mints, please

Photo taken at a local Kroger.

I was reaching for a box of Junior Mints the other day when I noticed the price underneath. New low price? I thought. Bonus! 

But wait. They've always been 10 for $10 before. They've raised the price, not lowered it. What the fuck, Kroger? Do you think I don't know the cost of my Junior Mints? 

Then I realized the sign only implies the price is lower. What the price sign really says is that they've changed the price, and they want me to believe it's still a low price.

It's a tricky world out there. Words matter.

I bought one box instead of 10. Better for my ass anyway.

(And aren't you glad your ass is behind you so you don't have to look down at it all the time? Imagine if your ass were in front. How disturbing is that idea?)



No comments:

Post a Comment