Saturday, August 31, 2019

Things I look forward to ...

Free the ladies! (Photo credit: Reticula)
I went to a play tonight with some friends. Came right home after and changed out of my going-out garments into a summery dress I would never wear out and nothing else. Poured myself a glass of Chardonnay from the box in the fridge and a light bulb went off over my head. (It wasn't painful.) I should write a rare blog post, and the post I should write is "Things I look forward to ...."

Easy.

Number 1: Taking off my bra. I'd add yoga pants to this one, but somebody once told me yoga pants (when worn in public) are "fuck me" pants. I don't want to give the wrong impression. There's nothing sexy about number 1. (See photo.)

Number 2:........... Number 2 ........ I got nothin'.

I turned on Netflix and started watching yet another road trip movie (Juanita, starring one of my long-time girl crushes, Alfre Woodard. Even Cher didn't look that good at her age). I love road trips, but I don't get to go on many so I watch road trip movies. A vicarious thing to look forward to doesn't count. Nevertheless number 2 finally comes to me. (Not that number 2.)

Number 2: Eating dessert. Next time I complain about being so fat remind me that I often only eat a meal so I can justify eating dessert. I'm pretty sure Alfre Woodard doesn't live for dessert. Certainly Cher doesn't.

Number 3: Crickets. As in, I've got nothin'. I have to have a #3, because my OCD dictates everything must come in odd numbers. Also, a list isn't a list unless it has at least three items. What the hell do I look forward to?

I watch some more Netflix. Juanita/Alfre tells her deadbeat kids to get their own shit together because she's going on a trip and then she fucking leaves and walks to the bus station. All I can think is what a mess her house will be when she gets back home. Apparently Juanita/Alfre didn't think this through like I would. I think I probably won't get to finish this movie because there's an hour left and it's almost 1:00 am and then it hits me.

Number 3: Sleeping past 7:00 am. That's a thing I look forward to. Even better, sleeping as long as I want without setting an alarm. That happens so rarely I can't list it.

That's all I've got. I think my list used to be longer and a lot more interesting. I can think of things I'd like to look forward to. (Hint: cookies.) But on a Friday night a 1:00 when I'll probably doze off during a road trip movie, this is all I've got.

What do you look forward to? Inspire me! Better yet, take me on a road trip. Just imagine ....



6 comments:

  1. I can pretty much adopt your 3 (although don't wear a bra at *all* if I can get away with it). My #1? A day when I don't have to leave the house. Doesn't happen very often. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that one too. I'd look forward to a day at home by myself doing nothing that's on my to-do list, but it happens so rarely.

      Delete
  2. And I have to say it's good to know I'm not the only one whose blogging schedule is erratic. If I had more of those not-leaving-the-house days, maybe I'd write more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to write more, but then I'd have to give up my down time watching an hour or so of TV, which helps me get to sleep. I know there are people who get up 2 hours early to write, but I can't live on 4 hours of sleep a night. Also morning. Yuck.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on #1. Currently also looking forward to: fall, travel, retirement, moving. Also look forward to getting up every morning - no matter how damn early...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have some big plans. I admit I envy your travels. I wish I could do more of that.

      Delete