Monday, December 2, 2019

Dell sucks. Eat the rich.


Bet you didn't think you'd see me back here so soon. I just want to say that Dell sucks. Cyber Monday sucks. Capitalism pretty much sucks, except when ice cream is on sale. I am not being paid for this review.

I'm sick of the hype that happens after Thanksgiving every year. I never even leave the house on Black Friday. Hell, I don't really even get out of my pajamas. (OK, I don't wear pajamas, but if I did, that's what I wear on Black Friday.) And no, I don't shop online either. No offense to those of you who love that shit, but I hate it.

A woman told me the other day she was going to stand in line for hours to get a deal on a 65-inch TV, just like she did last year, because it was such a good price and her TV was all of one year old now. And that she has a 52-inch TV in her bedroom that she watches about three times a year, but it's (she held out her fingers) about three inches wide and she might as well get two of those 65-inch TVs because they're only two inches wide. She asked me if I didn't think it was time to upgrade. I just stared at her. I couldn't comprehend her logic.

That is my definition of insanity.

And yet ... stupid me. I decided I'd buy a new laptop tonight because I need one. So my friend Green Jello found me one at Costco and my son Drake found me one on the Dell website, which is the one I decided to get, because it was faster. But of course when I went to my cart to actually pay for it, it wasn't available. But they did try to direct me to one that costs $150 more. Thieving bastards.

Fuck you, Dell. I think that might be illegal. Bait and switch. Right? Isn't that what that's called? It should be illegal. And try ... I dare you, just try to lodge a complaint. Not a chance in hell.

Because they know they suck. So they don't need to be told. They won't even let you tell them.

So I'm not getting my Inspiron 15 5000 laptop computer tonight. Nor am I going to get a new Inspiron 14 5000, which was $50 more, because apparently it sold out just seconds before I was going to add it to my cart. 

I think it's a fucking conspiracy. Some fucking billionaires made a ton more billions the past few days, which they will pay zero taxes on, and fuck the rest of us. And now I'm mad because I couldn't add to their wealth.

What about you? Do you shop Black Friday sales? Cyber Monday? Did you get some good deals and I'm just a loser. You can tell me. I can take it.

But fuck Dell. Who needs their damn computer anyway?

(I do.)


13 comments:

  1. Well, damn!

    I did get a good deal today on an InstantPot for a gift, though. And a mug that says, “Let’s get high and deny Christ”.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://society6.com/product/lets-get-high-and-deny-christ_mug?sku=s6-7807098p30a27v199

      Delete
    2. I see a Christmas gift for my daughter at that store.

      Delete
  2. I bought two pairs of boots online on Thursday. I've been waiting months to buy them. They were delivered today. I may not have to buy another pair of boots ever. Happy feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An Instant Pot for a gift, like Lori. And I *have* gotten cheap Playstations and TVs in the past, but it required shopping at 1am on Friday morning. Oh, and Dell ALWAYS SUCKS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather pay $40 more than shop at 1:00 after I've done Thanksgiving dinner.

      Delete
  4. I buy lots of shit on line and stay home on black Friday. Not my thing. I did it once, about 30 years ago, and it was stupid so I came home. I love those coffee mugs, thanks to Green Jello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to go out to a mall in the mid 80's because my brother wanted me to. I drove around the parking lot a while and then told him he was on his own. I went home. That was my last foray into Black Friday.

      Delete
  5. Nope; no Black Friday or Cyber Monday for me. Too much stuff as it is! We give experiences (or books!) instead of junk no one needs or really wants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm strongly encouraging those who will listen to get Coraline experiences over stuff. Books are fine. Art supplies and science kits are fine. Plastic toys are not fine.

      Delete
  6. Never did day after Thanksgiving except a few years in college when I worked at a Dept. Store for the Xmas season. Used to shop online, not necessarily Cyber Monday. Since I gave up Amazon this year, I don't buy much anywhere. I did buy a few jigsaw puzzle a for Xmas gifts before Thanksgiving.
    Last year we - children and grandchildren - wrapped up books we wanted to pass on and then everyone picked an surprise book. It was fun. It was free and involved no shopping. We're going to to it this year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea. Not one that would float with most members of my family, I would like to start a tradition of giving books on either Solstice or Christmas Eve.

      Delete