Saturday, November 30, 2019

Day 30: The Finish Line



Day 30. This is the last post for NaBloPoMo 2019. A big hug of gratitude to all of you who read my rants and rambles this month. I've got a little something extra for those of you who managed to read every post and I think you know what I mean. Seriously, I have no reason to write here if you all don't show up and engage with me. I mean .... I am nothing without you! So, really. Thank you.

I always intend to continue writing at least a couple of times a week after NaBloPoMo. I go into December with the same intention this year, because one of these years I will succeed. If you run across topics you think I should write about, please send them on. You can contact me by email or on my Facebook page. You have liked my Reticulated Writer Facebook page, right? Or you can just pop a comment under this post. Lots of ways to find me.


At a party last night, I did receive a complaint that I didn't write about vaginas often enough. I know, right? It's uncharacteristic. I guess it's the sign of our times that I ended up ranting more than I usually do. I'll do my best to get back into vaginas.


Oh, you know what I mean!


I leave you with this poem by Danusha Laméris simply because it's beautiful and I love it.




Small Kindnesses

I’ve been thinking about the way, when you walk
down a crowded aisle, people pull in their legs
to let you by. Or how strangers still say “bless you”
when someone sneezes, a leftover
from the Bubonic plague. “Don’t die,” we are saying.
And sometimes, when you spill lemons
from your grocery bag, someone else will help you
pick them up. Mostly, we don’t want to harm each other.
We want to be handed our cup of coffee hot,
and to say thank you to the person handing it. To smile
at them and for them to smile back. For the waitress
to call us honey when she sets down the bowl of clam chowder,
and for the driver in the red pick-up truck to let us pass.
We have so little of each other, now. So far
from tribe and fire. Only these brief moments of exchange.
What if they are the true dwelling of the holy, these
fleeting temples we make together when we say, “Here,
have my seat,” “Go ahead—you first,” “I like your hat.”







10 comments:

  1. I am sad, though, that you never wrote the micropenis post. I have a little experience (haha) in that subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have NO experience! I think the topic was condoms,and I observed that condoms come in magnum but do they come in mini?

      Delete
    2. Hmmm....good question. But I can say that the guy I was with made up for his lack of size with extra skilled hands and etc. Can’t say that was a bad thing.....

      Delete
    3. I've heard that can happen ....

      Delete
  2. Micropenis? Do tell! I just say a large coffee mug in a local (the store, not the chain, that's national) chain store that sells nifty close outs that had a ruler on the side & said "Size Matters" LOL! I'm thinking that I should get it as a gift for my niece who's in her first lasting relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I would certainly buy that .... and then I'd have to explain it to Coraline. Nevermind.

      Delete
  3. It’s been a good month. I’ve looked forward to reading these with my morning coffee. 30 days to form a habit? Maybe. I’m sure I’ll still be checking expectantly for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's good motivation. I'll really try. I promise.

      Delete
  4. Aww, I really like that poem!

    I managed to do 22 posts this year which is better than last year. I do plan to try to post a few each month; we'll see how I stick to that plan!

    ReplyDelete