Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day off

I took the day off today. I didn't feel well either physically or emotionally on this rainy, gray day, so I took it off. I skipped church, and probably a couple of commitments there. I slept really late. I ignored any texts or messages that came in. I finally woke up and answered the phone when Elvira called at XX:XX. I'd be too embarrassed to write what time that was.

Later I took a nap.

I'm not sure what I took a day off from. I didn't leave the house, and that's unusual. But I still texted with people, talked on the phone, looked too much at Facebook. I made a batch of laundry detergent and did a couple of loads. Ran the dishwasher and unloaded it. Took the trash out to the alley for tomorrow morning's pickup. Cooked food and ate it. Made a bunch of notes for some blog posts this week.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I really took the day off at all. That does not look like a real day off.

What the hell happens on a day off? I'm not talking about a sick day, although I've already admitted I felt under the weather. But I could have pushed on if I'd had to.

Surely a day off should be something other than being lazy ... ish.

What would you do on your day off? Besides not go to work, of course. Is there really such a thing as taking a day off from life? Because I'm fairly certain I failed at it today. I need day off lessons.

Ferris Bueller knows how to take a day off.
 

2 comments:

  1. I would create something for my heart and soul if I had the day off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll take a day off soon then. You need to do that.

      Delete