Friday, November 14, 2014

My new guy(s)

It's Feminism Friday! And I have a witty, bitter-like-strong-Ethiopian-coffee post running on the hamster wheel in my head. It's been there all week. But speaking of the week, it's been a rough one. Some good things, sure. A friend took me out to dinner. Drake and Montana showed up for an unexpected weekend visit tonight. A friend bailed me out and took me to pick up my van at the shop after I'd decided I'd have to take a cab. I made two pots of soup (more on soup in a later post). 

It's also been a rough week. People in my life are tense. We got our first light snow of what promises to be a long season. One of my favorite students was whisked back to Canada by her family with little notice, and won't be coming back. Another was taken out to homeschool with one of those awful online charter schools, and although I homeschooled my kids for 12 years and I fully support it, I don't think it's best for her. Losing two of my best writers in one week sucks. I'm going to miss both of them. My van needed some repairs, and it was a dramatic pain in the ass. Other drama happened with other people and situations, and then some more drama. Most of it was simply a matter of intolerance or people not minding their own damn business.

Speaking of times when I wish I could mind my own business, I can't get those greasy photos of Kim what's-her-name out of my head, and I don't understand why so many words are wasted on her. She's got a big ass. So what. We have to look at photos of it all covered in oily oil? What has she ever done to make her ass so important?

The bottom line is that I don't want to dive into a rant about a ridiculous comment a ridiculous man left here earlier this week. because I've had enough unpleasantness for one week. I will though, and soon. Just not tonight.

Tonight I'm probably going to jinx myself, but I'm going to introduce you to the little guy who I think will be my new canine companion. I wrote about my dog dilemma a few months ago, and I've continued to struggle with it.  I won't rehash that because the pros and cons remain the same.

But .... I hate to admit this .... I've been feeling lonely lately. I'm not sure why, because it's not really like me. I'm too busy to feel lonely, or bored for that matter. But I have been. I've even left a couple of social occasions because I felt lonely in a crowd of people. Once I apparently really hurt and pissed off someone I consider a good friend, and the other time I'd paid to be there but I left before dinner. I doubt anybody noticed, but the idea of having someone to come home to -- even a non-human someone -- seemed like a good solution to the problem.

So I got serious about the search for a new standard poodle (spoo). I dug through lots of ads for really expensive, pedigreed, fancy pups. I sent out a few emails to the ones that were in my price range within 3 hours distance. And I'm pretty sure I've found him.


His name is Henry now, but I'm going to call him Doc. I don't know why. I've just had that name in my head for my next dog for a long time. He'll be ready to come and live with me Thanksgiving weekend. He lives 3 hours away, but Montana and Drake live close to him, so they'll probably go introduce themselves sooner.

Here's another photo of him with his sire. How fucking adorable is that?


I hope I'm not jumping the gun by sharing this so soon, but I'm excited. I'm ready for a new man to come into my life, even if he is a furry little guy who will only end up weighing about 65 pounds. It's time.

I've also decided to acquire a new boyfriend. Not one made of flesh and bone and corpuscles, but the one who lives in my imagination. The one who's more likely to become manifest in my life than any real man. I don't have a name for him yet, and I'm not even sure what he looks like. But he's there just hanging out with my Muse Dolores, waiting to become my imaginary lover.

More on both of my new guys in posts to come. I'll let you know which one pees on the floor first.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Right? I'm already so attached to that little guy. I'm gonna be one of those obnoxious people who wants to take my dog everywhere.

      Delete
  2. Are they poodles? Cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just poodles .... standard poodles. The best dogs ever.

      Delete