Thursday, November 22, 2012

November 22: My troublesome spelling

It's 2:00 am, I just finished cleaning up what I couldn't stand to leave until tomorrow, and I'm dead on my feet on my ass. Thanksgiving dinner was pretty good, I think. Between what I cooked and what my guests brought, we had way more delicious, fattening food than we could eat. And isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about? A day to stop and celebrate the abundance in our lives, be that food or loved ones or both? It was certainly a day of that. And after some of the shit that happened the rest of this week, I needed to be reminded what really matters.

And also today I learned my lesson about grabbing the handle of a pan that's been in a 450-degree oven for half an hour. That hurt -- duh -- and the blisters are going to curtail my giving hand jobs guitar playing for a few days. On the flip side, one of my guests washed a shit ton of dishes between dinner and dessert, and I'm even more grateful than I normally would be (if that's possible), because I wasn't looking forward to soaking those blisters in hot dishwater. Stupid.

The rest of the day was pretty perfect though, so I'm not complaining about a minor accident. All these hours later, my biggest discomforts are my distended stomach and my aching feet. But I'm also sated with the love that filled this house today.

Enough mushiness though! The blog spam bots were busy little fuckers today. My phone dinged over and over with notices about comments on old Thanksgiving posts, especially the one I linked to yesterday about killing turkeys last year.

Blogger catches most of them so nobody sees them except me. Hard as they try to sound like real commenters, the bots are busted by their poor English and the links to websites nobody wants to go to. Seriously, does anybody still wear Uggs? That's the most common blog spam I get. I wonder why somebody thinks you all want to know about Uggs.....

I'm drifting....

Anyway, I go through and delete them once or twice a day, but this one made me smile.

"of course like your website but you have to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very troublesome to tell the truth however I'll certainly come again again. my webpage: ...."

I dunno. Would you call this irony? Sometimes I wonder if the internet is a plot to suck my IQ out of my head through my eyeballs.


Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. I love your spelling and your blog and your awesome Thanksgiving leftovers (I know I said they were for Adam, but I'm betting if I ask right, he'll let me share).

    I'll certainly come back again again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ria. I hope you took lots of leftovers. I assumed you'd take enough so you and Adam could share a second (for you) Thanksgiving dinner.

      I'm so glad you came.

      Delete