Saturday, November 24, 2012

November 24: Thank you!

Tonight I went out, played and lost a quick game of pool, and then went to listen to a bunch of friends play some punk music. The show was a tribute to a local punk band, so not one I listened to back in their day, but one I can appreciate now. It was so much fun, and the music was fabulous.

Of course, part of the fun was being there with so many people I love and respect and share history with. I am so fucking fortunate, in so many ways.

I'm always surprised and flattered when people bring up that they've read something here, or simply tell me they enjoy reading this blog. I have to be honest, most nights I sit here typing away all by myself, I hit publish, and I stumble off to bed. It's a little like sending my words into a black hole.

Every photo I found of a black hole looked kind of like a vagina. Hmmmm.


Who knows what the fuck happens in a black hole?

It can be lonely work.

So tonight I want to say thank you. Whomever you are, I'm saying thank you. Thank you for clicking on the link that brings you here. Thank you for telling me what happens in the black hole.  And thank you for giving me a reason to sit here and put my fingers on the keyboard in the middle of the night one more time.

It matters. 

Thank you for reading.

 

3 comments: