Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving! Day 22

I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving. TG is my favorite holiday -- no gifts to buy, lots of delicious food, leftovers, family and friends around Grandma Bolton's round oak table with all 5 leaves in. The table was a wedding present when she and Grandpa got married. I ate countless family dinners around that table when I was growing up, and today we christened it in my home.

My day was chaotic at times, and we ate late like every year, but I do love cooking for people and the turkey was moist, so it was also joyful and loving and filled with gratitude. In other words it ran the gamut from starting a fire in the oven when I slightly over-toasted the marshmallows on the sweet potato casserole ....


Flavors of apple and cinnamon with a note of campfire.


... to watching my one-year-old grandson Danger lick the beaters after I whipped the cream ....


Adorbs!

.... to funny messages from Elvira that left us gasping for air around our full tummies.


So glad this wasn't me. 

I still have some cleaning up to do, but that will have to wait until tomorrow, probably spilling over to the next day too. I could use a day off, a day with nothing to do but read a book, take a nap, and walk the dogs. I crave a day like that, but I don't see that in the near future.

Nevertheless, I'm thankful for all my many blessings, but most of all for family and friends who keep my heart warm and a smile on my face, and for all those leftovers.


Happy Thanksgiving,




No comments:

Post a Comment