Sunday, November 10, 2019

Day 9: After a night out

Confession: I didn't post yesterday. Resolution: I'm posting twice tonight.

I have a great reason for not posting last night. I didn't have time. I got a rare night off to go out with friends, and I sucked all the juice out of the night with my friend Colorado who drove up from Cincinnati for the night.

We started out at a nearby brew pub where we met a group of people I work with at a local farmer's market and ate dinner. Then we went to see the Aaron Sorkin version of To Kill a Mockingbird. One of our local community theaters was the first to produce it off Broadway after going through a devastating shit show last winter when they were forced to cancel an earlier production right before it opened. After the play -- which was fabulous! -- we went back to the brew pub and consumed a couple of ridiculously strong and delicious Long Island iced teas. Then we came back to my house and drank wine and ate foods we normally deny ourselves and talked until ... I'm not sure. Maybe 3:00. Let's just say when my alarm went off so I could get up and go to church, I was not ready to face the day and my mouth was very dry.

So that's why I didn't post last night, even though Colorado kept saying, "Get your computer and write your blog post. Do it now!" I just couldn't. She even made me a list of topics culled from our conversations that night that I could write about, but it was laying there unused on the kitchen table where I ate breakfast. When I got home from church, it was on my laptop in the living room. So subtle.

So here I am writing about the list. And now I'm going to show it to you. And that will conclude my belated post for last night, by which I fulfill my NaBloPoMo contract. Feel free to guess how these topics could possibly have come up or feel free to include your own list of what you should write about after a rare packed night out. Or by all means add to this list if you'd like. You might win a ham sandwich, but probably not.






2 comments:

  1. I'd have been willing to guess that alcohol just might have been involved in the making of that list lol even if I hadn't read your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Indeed. I'm not even sure why popcorn is on there!

      Delete