Saturday, November 14, 2015

NaBloPoMo #14: Looking for Adam

Recently my friend Roxy Carbuncle posted on Facebook that she'd just discovered her daughter had made her a secret Match.com profile. It was  funny and sweet. Two of her daughter's criteria for her for a man were that he "doesn't hang out at [her] house every day" and that he "would never be mean to [her] children." Roxy found out about it when she started getting emails from Match. And, of course, she deleted the account, but not until after she'd grabbed a few screens.

Kids, right? And then there's this video, which has over 10,000,000 views so far, that a guy named Alex in Norway made 6 months ago of his 69-year-old mother, Eva, so that she might find a man. It's funny and sweet too, and so much better than those dating videos from the 80's. And even has a photo of Eva in a bikini. Watch it, and tell me if you think there's one chance in 10 million that she will find a man who can keep up with her, especially given that most men like to date women who are younger than themselves.



Pretty sweet, right? So far, out of 10 million views, the right guy hasn't shown up. Alex says he'll post a followup when she finds her man.

I hope she finds him. I really do. I just don't think she should hold her breath waiting for him to show up in one of the thousands of emails she's now getting. I know, and know of, so many single, attractive, active, connected, smart women  -- just like Eva seems to be. Just like  .... hey, a couple of those adjectives might even describe me. And there aren't nearly enough single men who share the same adjectives for all of those women to find one, especially the first one: single.

Even if she doesn't find her prince, her son made a charming video, one that will bring lots of shared stories into their lives. That's worth a lot -- maybe worth more than a few lousy dates.

2 comments:

  1. This is very sweet. His mom looks like she would be lots of fun to get to know. I wish them the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing, Mary. She's someone I'd like to be friends with. I hope she finds her magic.

      Delete