Sunday, November 1, 2015

NaBloPoMo 2015: Kicking it off


Today is the first day of November, and around here November 1 means I've got a huge hangover from last night's Halloween party National Blog Post Month (NaBloPoMo). Originally started as a spoof of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), NaBloPoMo has grown to include thousands of bloggers who take the challenge to post something to their blogs every day in November. It's not as easy as it sounds, but I've done it for the past four years. It's a struggle to get something up here every day that will make you want to come back the next day and the next. And why do I do it? Simply because I love to write and my muse Dolores makes me feel orgasmic when I write I won $250 in a random drawing the first year I did it. Now I'm like a rat going back for a pellet that, so far, hasn't dropped down the chute again.

Here's what you can expect to read about in the upcoming days: Why I haven't written here since the end of April, 6 months ago. Coraline-isms, rants and whines, recipes, poetry, dog farts stories, my imaginary boyfriend, not dating, pilot lights, teaching, mice, black holes, All the Sex Monologues, getting the message, serendipity, and vaginas. Lots of vaginas. I might not have to write about them so often, but people keep trying to force their dusty old Bibles up in my vagina, and I can't ignore that. Neither should you.

I love it when you send me things you think I could write about, so please toss me some fodder if you run across something vaginesque. Just please don't be offended if I fail you and can't come up with anything clever to write about your offering. I still enjoy knowing you keep me and my vagina obsession in your thoughts. Not that I don't enjoy a good penis story too, from time to time.

Also this month I'm giving up sugar with my friend Maria, except for Thanksgiving weekend and one other night. And we're cutting way back on booze, although some nights I could sit here and stare at a blank screen for hours if not for a glass of wine to loosen my fingers. So it's going to be a challenging month. What the fuck am I saying? It's going to be a horrible month with no chocolate and not enough wine and staying up until the wee hours of the morning writing my little blog posts. Something is really fucking wrong with me.

And since you're here reading, something is probably really fucking wrong with you too. Or did you just come for the vaginas?

No comments:

Post a Comment